Copyright © Life as a STRANGER
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Alhamdulillah 'ala kulli haal

Bismillah wassalamu'alaikum warahmatullah :)

Recently, I have just finished my last semester of coursework by completing the finals. Through the semester, I have set my hope high to once get a straight As in exams and be the best student in my batch. But through the way, I might have once in a while get off from the track that later shifted my focus thus affected my study. Hurm, not good not good.

Anyhow, I remember during my first paper, I spent whole 3 days prior to the exam finishing my algae lab reports (aaahh, those days). I would say that those were my most productive days through my life lol. I spent a lot of times, before sleep, after sleep, awake, all the time, doing the big fat lab report. So I barely have time to study for the worrisome Environmental Biotech exam. But somehow Allah has helped me in that. Imagine that I only started my study at the night of the exam, with 4 lecturer's notes (which of couse, I didnt study for Prof Phang's ;p, and Im glad I didn't lol) and each has a lot of things to remember. I remember praying to Allah to put barakah in my remaining not-more-than-12-hours-time, and I could finish studying for my exam just before that. And wondefully alhamdulillah Allah has helped me through that and I managed to remember and understand things a lot faster than usual and later, helped me to do well in the exam. Guess what, I did get an A for the subject :) alhamdulillah.

However, later somehow stress has overcome me that then I lost my focus and went back to procrastinate my study, hoping the same miracle would repeat again. For the later 2 exams, alhamdulillah, despite my lack of efforts, I did manage to answer the questions rather well, giving me a B+ for the Health subject (highest grade for the subject, the subject is well-known as the toughest one in MBiotech) and an A for Animal Biotech subject. Alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah..

The last exam however, was the only one that depressed me most. I thought that one was the one I spent most time studying for compared to the first three, but maybe because I started wrong. I studied a lot for Dr Tan's lectures (which were A LOT), and didnt study well for Prof Viki's. The first time looking at the lecture notes, of course my heart dropped and somehow I knew I was not going to do well in the subject. And yeah, I finished the exam and my heart sank. There goes my hope for getting a straight As. Depressed, I found a masjid and spent my disappointed time there, praying and reading the quran in the hope to achieve serenity. I was reading surah al-an'am, and I have to admit, that was the most comforting surah that I have ever read, especially when I came through this ayah:

"And if Allâh touches you with harm, none can remove it but He, and if He touches you with good, then He is Able to do all things. And He is the Irresistible (Supreme), above His slaves, and He is the All-Wise, Well¬Acquainted with all things." 6:17-18
MashaAllah, as if Allah was talking directly to me. For indeed, He has blessed me with numerous blessings that some other people didnt get, and some that I didnt deserve based on my efforts, and once in a while, He is testing me with calamity or distress, He is the Most Supreme, isn't He? He knows all things, and He is the All-Wise.

As the Prophet s.a.w said: "Every matter that Allah decrees for His slave is better for him." (Hadith taken from La Tahzan Book)

For the subject, it was to my prediction, I didnt do that well. But a B is better than a C right.

Lessons: Put the best effort when possible, and hope the best from Allah. Then whatever Allah has decreed on us, alhamdulillah 'ala kulli haal. :)

0 comments: